The story of women in the Resistance (22 panels). This provides an understanding of the contribution and activities carried out by women in the clandestine struggle. Alongside such famous figures as Lucie Aubrac and Germaine Tillon, visitors will find portraits of résistantes who, while lesser known, played a local role which was essential to the liberation of the Morvan.
Foreigners in the Resistance (17 panels): From the ‘Affiche Rouge’ propaganda poster to the Polish members of the Maquis Valmy, from the repression carried out by the Special Brigades to the Liberation fighting, portraits pay homage to the many foreigners who distinguished themselves in the Morvan, such as Marian Tindiuck, André Kapamadjian, Lise Le Bournot, Paul Pozzi, Lily Piel, and Kenneth Mackenzie.
Stalingrad, a turning point in the war (16 panels) recounts the battle and its accompanying atrocities, and assesses the effects of the German defeat on the course of the war. The role of remembrance is also tackled within the exhibition (the city of Dijon, Burgundy’s capital, is twinned with Stalingrad, now Volgograd).
Deportation (Deportation Remembrance Foundation – 42 panels) examines the organisation of the concentration-camp system, the conditions of deportation, daily life and work in the camps, and liberation.
Jean Longhi, the road to Resistance (7 panels). Through a biography of Longhi, an emblematic figure in the Resistance in the Morvan, the creation and development of the Résistance movement in Nièvre are explored, alongside the activities and organisation of the maquis groups.
* Guillot – Naudot (ADIAMOS – 12 panels) focusses on the efforts of Maxime Guillot and Marcel Naudot in Chenôve and describes the work of the Resistance in Côte d’Or, its motivations and means of operation.
On request, we will send you the following packs :
- Liberation of the land and return to the Republic
- Repression of the Resistance by the occupying forces and the Vichy regime, as seen in the Morvan
- The Resistance in the Morvan and rural areas
- Another kind of resistance: helping those persecuted and on the run from the Nazis in the Morvan
- Women in the Resistance, unknown heroines
- The impact of 18 June 1940: examples of local engagement.
A suitcase containing documents and objects from the era is available for use by teachers and schools. Free loan